Are under-eye circles making you look tired, even after a full night’s sleep? Dark circles under the eyes can make you look tired and much older. Treatment options are available at Abadir Associates. Call us today and schedule your appointment. Treating under-eye circles can make a big difference in your appearance.
What Causes Under-Eye Circles?
Many people assume that fatigue is the only cause of dark circles under the eye. There are actually many causes (and most patients have multiple contributing factors). Some of the factors that contribute to under-eye circles include:
- Lack of Sleep
- Sun Exposure
- Eye Rubbing
- Alcohol Consumption
- Naturally Dark Skin Pigmentation
Shadows caused by puffy eyelids or hollows under the eye (caused by loss of fat or collagen due to aging) may also contribute to the look of dark under-eye shadows. Don’t worry, we have treatment options available for these problems too.
What Are My Treatment Options?
We offer a variety of treatment options and find that many patients achieve the best results when combining multiple treatments. Talk with us and ask for treatment recommendations.
- Prescription Creams: We may prescribe a prescription cream to treat dark circles. These creams are typically applied topically once or twice a day.
- Dermal Fillers: Injectable dermal fillers can fill in hollows to reduce under-eye shadows. We offer a wide range of fillers and will choose the option best suited for your skin. Dr. Dale Abadir and Dr. Michelle Abadir are both highly skilled with using dermal fillers, an important consideration when using these products around the delicate eye area.
- Lightening of Dark Skin Under the Eyes: Chemical peels, laser treatments, etc. may lighten the dark pigmentation under the eye. Regular sunscreen use can also reduce under eye circles caused by sun exposure.
- Removal of Excessive Fat Deposits
This procedure is done safely and painlessly in-office with local anesthetic and a mild sedative. Dr. Dale Abadir has had cosmetic surgery training, as well as doing a dermatology residency, and has been performing this type of eyelid surgery for many years.
Do you have dark under-eye circles? Get treatment and discover a refreshed, younger looking you.