Acne can strike at any age (infancy, childhood, teen years, or adulthood), but that doesn’t make it a pleasant experience. If you’re struggling with adult acne, come get help. We can assist you in getting the clear skin you desire. Don’t be embarrassed by your acne anymore.
What Causes Acne?
Acne occurs when oil producing sebaceous glands in the skin are clogged or irritated. Acne has many forms and can manifest as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, cysts, or a combination of these. It has many causes, including overproduction of oil, an accumulation of dead skin cells, or a buildup of bacteria on the skin. Acne is most common on the face, but can occur in many places on the body.
Acne Is Very Treatable
The good news is that acne is very treatable. We have many options we can use to clear your skin. The best treatments are chosen based on the severity and persistence of your acne. We’ll work with you to find a treatment that works. Let’s explore some potential options.
- IPL- A fabulous anti-aging treatment with acne benefits, too, IPL (also known as photorejuvenation) can clear your skin and help you look younger, too. A true win-win!
- Topical Creams- Topical creams applied to the face/body can reduce inflammation and mask the signs and symptoms of acne.
- Antibiotics- Both topical and oral antibiotics can reduce bacteria on the skin for fewer breakouts.
- Oral Contraceptives- If acne is caused by an overactive gland, oral contraceptives can help.
- Anti-Testosterone Medication- For women with high levels of male hormones, anti-testosterone medication may reduce acne.
- Facials with Peels- Facials and peels are a powerful combination for fighting acne. The facial calms the skin and reduces swelling while a gentle peel sloughs away dead skin cells.
- Microdermabrasion- Microdermabrasion removes the outermost, dead skin cells. This treatment can be combined with a facial or light peel.
- Photodynamic Therapy- We can use light to shrink the sebaceous glands.
- Vitamins- For some patients, specific vitamins can decrease the appearance of acne and improve the appearance of the sin.
If you have acne, we can help. Call Abadir Associates today and learn more about your treatment options. Don’t delay; early treatment can help reduce or even prevent the occurrence of acne scars.