Red, painful, and itchy, rosacea can be a daily struggle for those that suffer from this common skin condition. Rosacea can be tricky to treat, but at Abadir Associates we have helped many patients improve the appearance of their skin and increase their comfort. Come see us and finally get your rosacea under control. Imagine a life without the pain and embarrassment of rosacea.
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that primarily affects the face. It causes redness and inflammation. Many patients with rosacea develop visible blood vessels and small red bumps on the cheeks, chin, nose, and/or forehead. This condition can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing. If left untreated, your rosacea symptoms will get worse.
What Are My Treatment Options for Rosacea?
There is no cure for rosacea, but with the right combination of treatments we can often dramatically reduce your symptoms. Our goal is to completely control and eliminate your symptoms. Our experience in treating the condition has taught us that each patient responds to rosacea treatment differently. We’ll work with you to find the right treatment combination to clear your skin and ease discomfort.
- Topical Creams- Topical creams can be applied to the skin to ease redness, calm inflammation, and camouflage rosacea symptoms.
- Antibiotics– We may use topical and/or oral antibiotics for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antihistamines– If your rosacea is accompanied by itching, burning, or irritation, antihistamines may help.
- IPL– IPL, or intense pulsed light treatments, can treat visible facial veins and broken capillaries. This is an excellent complement to your treatment protocol and can help your skin to look younger, healthier, and more rejuvenated.
- Facials– Our skincare experts can perform a rosacea facial to calm and soothe the skin, while easing swelling and moderating facial redness. Facials are non-invasive, but highly effective.
Do I Need Treatment for Rosacea?
Rosacea is commonly mistaken for acne or eczema. If you believe you may have this skin condition, come see us. We can examine your skin and make a diagnosis. Once you know you have rosacea, you can work to manage it so your condition doesn’t worsen. Common signs of rosacea include:
- Frequent blushing/flushing
- Persistent redness
- Bumps and pus filled pimples
- Burning or stinging skin
- Facial swelling
- Visible blood vessels and broken capillaries
If you’re experiencing some of these symptoms, come see us and find out if you have rosacea. If you do have rosacea, treatment is important. The symptoms will get worse as long as your condition is untreated. With proper treatment many patients dramatically reduce or even eliminate the signs of rosacea.
Got rosacea? Get things under control with the right combination of treatments. Call today and schedule an appointment with us.