What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that primarily affects the face. It causes redness and inflammation, and produces small, red bumps on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and/or nose. It is normal for patients with rosacea to notice a predisposition to blushing, experience burning or stinging sensations of the skin, and have visible broken blood vessels or facial veins. Rosacea is commonly mistaken as acne or eczema and worsens if it is not treated.
What treatments are available for rosacea?
While there is no cure for rosacea, Abadir Associates use several medical and cosmetic treatments to help control or eliminate its signs and symptoms:
- Topical creams. Creams can be applied to the face to both help reduce inflammation and to camouflage the symptoms of rosacea.
- Antibiotics. Oral and topical antibiotics can be prescribed for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antihistamines. Antihistamines can be used to reduce the itching, burning, and irritation caused by rosacea.
- Anti high blood pressure medication. Anti high blood pressure medication can help reduce the blood flow to the surface of the facial skin that causes the skin to appear red and flushed.
- Photo-facials. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photo-facials are a safe and effective way to treat brown spots, sunspots, age spots, facial veins, and unsightly broken capillaries. They are a great addition to a dermatological regimen for the treatment and maintenance of rosacea.
- Facials. Facials are a non-invasive tool to help manage rosacea by moderating facial redness, calming irritation, and reducing facial swelling of dilated blood vessels.
Who is a candidate for rosacea treatments?
Treatments for rosacea are an excellent option for any individual who believes they may have rosacea. The severity and type of rosacea varies between patients, so treatment must be customized for each individual case. To see if rosacea treatments are right for you, schedule a consultation with Abadir Associates today.
Why choose Dr. Abadir?
At Abadir Associates, Drs. Dale and Michelle Abadir combine their passion for helping men and women look and feel their best with years of cosmetic dermatological experience. They take a personalized, patient-centered approach when it comes to rosacea – focusing on what is best for the patient and recommending a treatment that meets their specific needs.
With a thorough knowledge of skin care treatments and a focus on individual care for their patients, Drs. Dale and Michelle Abadir provide the best in rosacea treatments. For more information on rosacea treatments, please contact us.