CORRECTION OF UNDER-EYE CIRCLES
Many adults suffer from dark circles under the eyes that make them look tired and much older than they are. There are a number of solutions for dark circles under the eyes, and many patients choose to combine different treatments to achieve optimal results.
What Causes Dark Under-Eye Circles?
A number of factors can cause dark under-eye circles. Sometimes, dark marks that appear to be under-eye circles are actually just shadows from puffy lower eyelids – Abadir Associates offers a number of treatment options for this problem as well.
- Family history
- Stress /lack of sleep
- Loss of fat or collagen in the skin below the eyes (a natural part of the aging process)
- Sun exposure
- Allergies or nasal congestion
- Rubbing the eyes excessively
- Smoking or alcohol consumption
- Naturally dark skin pigmentation
What Treatments Are Available?
Abadir Associates offers a number of treatment methods to combat dark under-eye circles. Sometimes, combining treatments can offer optimal results and restore natural beauty. Your cosmetic dermatologist may recommend:
- Family history
- Prescription creams
- Lightening of dark skin under the eyes
- Injectable dermal fillers – such as Restylane or Juvederm – to restore fullness to thinning skin under the eyes and fill grooves which cast shadows on the skin
- Removal of excessive fat deposits, which also cast shadows and accentuate dark circles
Why Choose Abadir Associates?
At Abadir Associates, Dr. Dale Abadir and Dr. Michelle Abadir have years of experience working with cosmetic dermatology patients with all kinds of skin ailments. They are both experts in sculpting and filling the face with injectable dermal fillers, and all procedures are performed comfortable in our office for our patients’ convenience. Dark circles under the eyes are a common problem, and we take pride in treating our patients and helping them regain their confidence.
Last Updated: December 12, 2012