Botulinium toxin type A (known by its brand names Botox and Dysport) remains the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure offered in New York. According to recent data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 5 million women nationwide had Botox or Dysport in the year 2010, up 584% from the year 2000.
The most popular non-surgical procedures for women in 2010 were:
- Botulinium toxin type A (Botox or Dysport) – 5 million
- Soft dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm and Radiesse) – 1.7 million
- Chemical peels – 1.1 million
- Laser hair removal – 773,000
- Microdermabrasion – 666,000
While liposuction has long been the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in New York and the United States, breast augmentation has surpassed it as the most common procedure. The frequency of breast augmentation has increased by 39% since 2000. Breast lifts, though not on the list of most popular procedures, have jumped as well – they’re up 70% since 2000.
The most popular surgical procedures for women in 2010 were:
- Breast augmentation – 296,000
- Rhinoplasty (nose job) – 189,000
- Liposuction – 179,000
- Eyelid surgery – 177,000